Tuesday, May 6, 2008

No Failo 3 From Microsh*t

I am sad to report that I, as well as countless others, will not be getting our promised free copy of Halo 3 . The gist is this: Microsoft had what appears to be only a few hundred copies of Halo 3 available for the promotion (Switch an xbox live account from an original xbox to the 360 between Nov. 21 and Dec. 24th and get a free copy of Halo 3). After talking to XBOX customer service I found out that over 4000 people registered for the promotion; around 1000 qualified for the free copy of Halo 3. It was verified by 2 (or was it 3?) supervisors that I did qualify but they ran out of copies (while supplies last). The thing that gets my panties all twisted up in a knot is that I registered about a week after the promotion started (it ran about a month). I don't know how many copies they had to give a way but I'm thinking it's substantially less than a thousand. Offering a couple hundred free copies of Halo 3 at christmas time constitutes a drawing more than it does a promotion that's worded "Do "Y" and get "X" free!"Why couldn't Microsoft have worded their promotion something like this: “The First 500 people to transfer their original Xbox account to a new Xbox 360 will receive a free copy of Halo 3”? Because they wouldn't have sold FOUR THOUSAND XBOX 360's, that's why. This is such a scam on Microsoft’s part. By stating “Transfer your account…get a free copy…” you imply that there are more than just a hundred copies available. We’re talking about Halo 3 at Christmas time for cryin’ out loud! AND why they couldn't have told me this during my first call to customer service instead of 6 or 7 calls later? UGH! Ok, I have to finish packing for my move.

No comments: